Monday, June 15, 2009
Mealtimes and Schedules and "Mommy Hold Me"
Well, where do I begin? I have been trying for the last several weeks to get the boys on some kind of a daytime schedule with meals and naps. For the most part, things have gone fine. They eat breakfast at around 6:30am, nap between 9-9:30am, lunch at noon, nap again between 1:30-2pm and bedtime is 7:30pm. They are eating 3 solid meals a day now plus snacks like their yogurt melts, apple and carrot wheels and teething biscuits. Teething. Did I mention teething? I pray to God its what has them alternating keeping us up at night. One night Evan sleeps through the night but Colton wakes up, another night-like last night-Colton sleeps through the night but Evan wakes up. Colton is getting at least 2 teeth on top and Evan is getting both on the bottom at the same time. That makes 4 or 5 teeth for Colton and 2 for Evan.
But as far as schedules go, whenever anyone else is taking care of the boys but me, its seems to throw everything off. My mom, bless her heart, feeds the boys a bottle the second they wimper. So needless to say, they take 2-3 ounces every hr or so when she is watching them as opposed to the 3-4 6 to 8 oz bottles they are down to. And my dad, bless his sleepy head, has them napping everytime he holds them because he too, will fall asleep with them on the couch which totally throws off their naptimes.
And just to makes things more fun, lets talk about my little miss Ava. She has, for the most part, been the best big sister I could ever ask for. But lately, she has been so. dang. needy! Its "mommy hold me" any time I am doing anything with the boys. I know its a jealousy thing but I am having such a hard time giving her any one on one time now that the boys are moving around so much. Oh yeah, did I mention the moving around part? Evan has been pulling himself up to standing on anything and everything he thinks will allow him to stand. He also gets into EVERYTHING. Dang he is a handful. Colton is getting much better at crawling but he isn't pulling himself to standing. Yet. So all day long each and every day I am trying to juggle a toddler who wants me now more than she ever has, while running around chasing two crawling, climbing, put everything in their mouth boys. It is SO mentally and physically exhausting. Oh, there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I just know it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Well, look at that first Picture on top! Evan isn't just taller, he's bigger! wasn't he little better than HALF the weight of Colton when they were born? And now...
So,Evan is walking,as well, hu? That will make it easier for him to Take things from Colton then get away! ;<
But, I believe you said Colton can now ... Bite, so look out, Bro!
By the way, Maria ... I was offered a job as an insurance sales contractor and was going to ask you about the value of getting a series 6 sales licence toward the goal of moving into their I.T. division, or if it would just pin me into one position there ...
But, you sound like this isn't a good time to bring up something like that.
You are a SuperMOM. Every time I feel like I am overwhelmed...I just think about what you are doing with 3 kids that young...and wow.. how you do it, I have no clue. Amazing.
I think when these kids grow up you and I should write a book together. As much as we all have been through, especially this last year, we might get a best seller.
Good luck with the teething and Miss Ava. I am sure you're right, she is a bit jealous, but let me tell you the 3 year old stage is oh so fun and much much more difficult than the 2's, at least for us it is and has been.
Your little guys look great!
Ed, it doesn't sound like getting a series 6 will help you any in an IT department. Good luck with the job offer though.
Colton is still heavier than Evan but I think they are about the same height now.
Shana, yes its the terrible 3's thats for sure. Like May 9th, it started for us.:-) I have no idea why they even call it terrible two's. Ava was SUCH a good girl then. She still is God bless her, its these boys that have her acting up sometimes.
And yes, when we are old and gray we can sit and talk over coffee of how our kids and all the experiences that came along with them nearly drove us over the edge...
And Leslie, sweet Leslie. Thanks so much for your kinds words but a supermom I am not. In fact an entire day can come and go and I am left wondering what the hell just happened...;-)) I am barely getting by.
Maria, I don't know about you. But I am looking at that edge right now. :( I may have to call you, even though you never went through the monitor ordeal, I am walking on egg shells with every beep, ringing sound I hear.
Well, I’d hoped once I was hired in as a sales agent, I could get transferred into the I.T. department. But, they aren’t structured that way.
I wouldn’t have worked in an office, nor even out of one! I’d have had my own territory & would have had to mind it myself. I’d have been paid entirely on commission, so they wouldn’t even pay me!
So, all in all, they had no provisions for “employees” to go anywhere but thrown to the wolves.
So... No Luck :(
Post a Comment