Last week was the boys last day of preschool. It has been a pretty interesting year. We have discovered so much about the boys and their learning abilities and struggles. The boys received notes in the mail from their teacher thanking them for the year-end gift. To Colton she wrote what a thoughtful and hard little worker he was and how much he loved to learn new things. To Evan she wrote thanks for making the class so fun and exciting. Basically, the class clown. I have to admit that stung a little. I am really glad he has such a big personality, but I also want him to love to learn and not just be known as the class clown. I realize now that this is part of the sensory issues he currently struggles with, but as a parent, especially the parent of twins, it is hard to see one flourish and the other struggle. We are working very hard with his therapy so that he can overcome these issues. I know Evan is just as capable and intelligent as Colton is, and it really bothers me when teachers just skim the surface without really taking a look at the big picture. Anyway, next year the boys will be attending Kinderbridge at the same school. This is literally a stepping stone to Kindergarten where they start to teach sight words. I have heard from lots of the moms of past Kinderbridge students that they are already reading by year end. It is hard to imagine, and I know its going to be a lot of hard work for Evan. But I am hoping that with therapy continuing all summer long he will have overcome some of his sensory and low tone muscle issues, and that will help him start to enjoy learning and not get so easily frustrated. It is definitely going to be a challenge, but I know Evan can do it and I know he will make his parents very proud.
On another note, we have a pretty busy summer scheduled. Ava and the boys will both be in a week long camp at the end of June. Ava and her best friend Lia will be in the all day program and the boys will be half day, which is still very long, about 8:30 to 1:00pm. I am sort of nervous about leaving the boys at camp for that long, but as long as they are together I know they will have a blast. All three will also be taking a two week swim lesson at camp at the end of July. They did this last year and just love it.
Ava has a very busy skating schedule. She will be taking three 8 week summer classes. Power skating, Edge/Footwork, and Off Ice Jumps, in addition to her regular lessons. The boys also have a weekly private skating lesson with Annie, who also babysits on occasion so that Andrei and I can have periodic date nights. Annie has done a great job with them so far. They are learning hockey stops right now. Colton goes back and forth as to whether or not he wants to continue to play Tot Hockey, and Evan seems interested in T-ball, so we will be trying that this summer as well for the boys.
We plan on taking a little vacation to Wisconsin Dells again this summer in mid July. The kids absolutely love it when we go there. This time we are trying a new resort called The Wilderness. We heard great things about it, and it is HUGE. It should be a great time! That's all for now!
Group Picture
Mrs. Marquardt and Mrs. Lucas (Ava had these teachers too)
Last field trip to the Children's Zoo

1 comment:
Sounds like wonderful things planned! Have a wonderful Summer and enjoy your vacation to the Dells, sounds lovely.
As for Evan, he will do just fine. You are doing a wonderful job attending to his needs and it will truly payoff. You're a wonderful mom, keep up the great work. Hugs to all!
Post a Comment