This past Thursday was the boys first day of preschool! On Thursday, moms got to stay for the entire one hour of class just so the kids can get used to the routine and parents can get an idea of what their days will be like. The boys will be attending two days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 11:30am. Tuesday will be there first official day without me, so we will see how it goes!
On Thursday, the first thing the kids got to do was some free play time. After that, Mrs Marquardt (who Ava had when she was 3) had everyone sit in circle time to introduce the kids to preschool and read a story. I can see already that Evan will have absolutely NO filter and Colton will be the shy one in class. As soon as we all sat down, Mrs. Marquardt asked if any of the children had ever been to school. At first nobody said anything, so she began to talk about what school will be like. All of a sudden, to everyone's surprise, especially mine, Evan shouts out at the top of his lungs "GUESS WHAT? WE WENT TO A SCHOOL ONCE AND IT WAS A STINKY ONE!". Mrs. Marquardt, her assistant teacher Mrs. Lucas and all the other moms burst out laughing while I turned fifty shades of red. I realized immediately what he meant was that ONE day last year when I enrolled them in Project Begin and hated it and took them right out. I can't believe he remembered that! So, that was over, and she begins to read a story. Towards the end of the story, there was a dramatic surprise to it, and as she turned the page to show the kids what had happend Evan shouts out "OH MY GOD!". At this point I went from red to purple. Holy cow am I in trouble.
After that was over, the kids got to make their own place mats for snack time and then had a snack. They ended the morning with a freeze dance and a goodbye song. It was really cute. On full days the kids will also get either indoor or outdoor recess.
The boys really liked it but I am wondering how Colton will do without me. He kept searching for me as he was going around the room just to make sure I was still there. Evan could care less if I am there. Mr. Independant just can't wait to have some deep conversations with anyone and everyone who will listen to him.
Hoping for a good first year of preschool! Here are some pictures from Thursday!
2 comments:
Good Luck Evan and Colton and have lots of fun in school!
So cute, they really seem to be having fun.
Post a Comment