Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ava's First Day of First Grade!

Yesterday was Ava's first day of 1st grade and it was a big success!  We found out last week that Ava's best friend Lia is in her same class.  On Monday we had the opportunity to go to a "Meet and Greet" at the school where we got to meet Ava's AMAZING teacher, find her classroom, desk, and cubby area, drop off school supplies, and most importantly catch up with some old friends.  As soon as Ava and Lia saw each other in the hallway they raced to each other and hugged.  I can't tell you how happy I am that Ava has a good friend in class with her this year.  She was so excited about starting yesterday!  Tomorrow is my opportunity to start helping with lunch duty.  This year, Ava is in a different section of the school and in a different lunchroom as well.  The school has two gymnasiums and 4 lunchrooms.  It ginormous!  Luckily for the kids they divide the school into communities by color.   Ava is in purple!
 
Click here to see Ava's first day of kindergarten.  Look how much she has changed!
 
Here are some pictures from yesterday morning!




Photobucket

2 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Yay for a successful first day of school! Didn't this summer go by so fast? I can't believe our girls are first graders!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty. Good luck this year Sweety. I love you.