Friday, February 24, 2012

Twin Bonding

Since the boys were born, I have noticed little bonding experiences happening here and there.  When they were infants, they would reach out for each other's hands.  As they grew older, I would notice Colton would subconsciously rub on Evan's head as they are sitting together watching t.v.  Cute little moments that happen time and time again that I don't ever want to forget.  Like recently, I have watched the boys playing together and really using their imaginations to role play with each other.  It is so adorable!  Evan always tries to please Colton while Colton gives out instructions on what the game is going to be.  They share toys and giggle together and just have a ball with each other all day while their big sister is in school.  Don't get me wrong.  It isn't all sunshine and roses.  There are the occasional wrestling matches that I need to break up, but for the most part, I am absolutely in love with the way the boys are bonded.  This morning Colton had speech, and before he walked away with the therapist, he turned to Evan and said" Evan I be right back.  You wait here".  And Evan replied "ok".  But the whole time Colton was gone (half-hour), Evan would ask 'mommy, where's Colton?"  And when Colton came back Evan shouted "Colton" and they immediately raced to each other, sat on the floor and started playing togehter, just like this picture.  Melts my heart!  As a sibling who is, unfortunately,  not at all close to her brothers, my one wish is that all three of my kids will be close to one another well into their adult life, long after Andrei and I are gone.  Even when they have their own families, I pray to God they are truly bonded with one another and that nothing will ever come between them.


This morning I also took this video of the boys role-playing together.  Lately they have been into playing a birthday party game where each one of them plays both kid and mom.  It confuses the heck out of me because they will say "mom" alot and I think they are calling for me but they are pretending they are both the moms.  In this video they are singing happy birthday and then pretending to show their "mom" the presents they got.  Colton corrects Evan when he isn't playing how he wants, and Evan obliges.  So darn cute!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

oh i think they will be close forever. i used to always think sibling closeness was formed by how kids were raised.

Maria said...

Not sure about that Shana. I think my parents as well as Andrei's did an amazing job raising us in loving households, especially considering how some kids are raised these days. But for whatever reasons neither of us are particularly bonded with our brothers/sisters. I talk to my brother's wife more than him and the other is non-existent, and I don't even know the last time Andrei has spoken to any of his siblings. Yet our parents raised us pretty damn well.