Thursday, March 10, 2011

Praying For Strangers

As a blogger I have gotten into the habit of checking out other mom blogs.  Mostly its been other moms of multiples just for the fun of knowing there are so many other moms out there raising multiples and going through alot of the same things we are. Somehow I linked up to lots of blogs with babies in the NICU and from there I ended up finding myself reading all these incredible stories of survival and sickness and unfortunately death.  And as you probably already noticed on my sidebar I started a little prayer vigil for these innocent little strangers that I have never met.  I don't know them personally and haven't even exchanged comments with their moms but I pray to God they will go on to live long and healthy lives.

Most recently while reading about little baby Bennett, Bennett's mom had asked for her followers to pray for another blogger who's little girl Lucy was recently diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer called Medulloblastoma.  This particular little girl's story has stolen my heart because she is so close to Ava's age and just weeks ago she was a completely normal and healthy little girl making plans for her 5th birthday party, and in the blink of an eye her life and that of her family has forever changed.  It scares me to death that things like this can happen and every day I find myself logging on and praying that this little angel fights this f*** cancer and goes back to being the adorable healthy little girl you can see in very recent posts on that blog.  I just can't even imagine what her parents are going through right now and my heart just aches for them.

People have asked me why I read such depressing blogs.  Andrei has caught me reading with tears streaming down my face and asking me why I do that to myself.  I find myself reading all these blogs because it really puts things in perspective for me, and also because once I get attached I am so hopeful that there will be a happy ending.  But mostly, when I am feeling sorry for myself because my kids all have colds and are cranky and whiney, all I need to do is log on and read a paragraph or two and then drop down on my knees and thank the Lord for giving me three healthy and happy children, runny noses, fevers and all.

Yep, I am praying for strangers and thanking God that strangers don't have to pray for me.

4 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Well said.

Colleen said...

beautiful post Maria. You are killing me with the Lucy story. It is all I can do not to cry.

Sande said...

I agree. Beautiful post, Maria. Prayer is the most powerful tool.

Shana-Lynn said...

NEW POST NEEDED! LOL