Yikes, once again sorry its taken me so long to update this blog! It has been so crazy busy here these last few weeks I am just now trying to catch up. Anyway, here are some pictures of her party. Ava is really huge into Strawberry Shortcake these days, so we had a Strawberry Shortcake-themed party of course! Ava had about 15 of her little friends over and she had SO much fun. We were supposed to have the party in the backyard and we even rented a SS-themed bounce house, but unfortunately the weather was really bad so we had to cancel and move it all indoors. Luckily for us we didn't tell Ava about the bounce house. We were going to surprise her. Nonetheless, it all turned out well. At the end of the day she asked "mommy, can we do it again tomorrow?" I said uhm no, but we can do it again next year!!!
Blowing out her candles. Grandma and I made strawberry and chocolate cupcakes with pink and green frosting. Yummy! I ate way too many!
The boys certainly fit right in with all the kids running around and playing---and eating!
We had to scramble to think of things for the kids to do indoors, so Aunt Alecia brought her nail supplies and painted the girls nails
We also played 'Pin the Strawberry" and Duck Duck Goose in the playroom
Opening presents
This is one of the gifts she received and I just LOVE it!
Eating with friends!
Another one of the gifts from a good friend of mine. So cute!
In other news, Ava and I also stood up in one of my best friend's wedding. Ava did such a great job as flower girl. I started to cry when she walked down the aisle. And can I just say the girl did not take a nap that day and danced on the dance floor non-stop until 11pm!!! She LOVES to dance. At one point, Ava and the 9 year old ring bearer (adorable by the way) were dancing in the middle of the floor together while all the adults formed a circle around them. It was hysterical. She danced with mommy, daddy, the bride, the groom, solo, etc, etc. We got so many compliments from so many of the guests about her. I was just such a proud mommy I was beaming. I didn't get video but I took lots of pictures although alot of them came out bad with all the movement and lighting and the simple fact that I suck at taking pictures. I do plan on ordering a TON from the wedding since the photographer and videographer seemed to be taking quite a few shots of her. It was an awesome wedding. The ceremony was beautiful, the bride looked stunning, it was lots of fun.
What else?
Oh...
Evan figured out how to climb out of his crib on Friday. Here we go! We have decided for now just to keep putting him back in since Colton wears his brace and it would be impossible to convert them to beds now. We are planning on doing that when they turn 2. For now, we only have to put Evan back in his crib about 18 times a night before he stays put. But who's counting?
A few weeks back Evan somehow knocked his bottom tooth loose. Long story short, but I took him to the dentist and he said 50/50 chance it would either turn grey and fall out or tighten up. Guess what? It tightened up! Evan is just talking so much lately and repeats pretty much anything you say. Colton, on the other hand, still won't talk. So he starts speech therapy on Thursday. Oh, and remember the post about his legs bowing? Well I took him to the ortho pediatrician and he fitted him with a foot brace that he wears at bedtime only. I was really worried about how he was going to handle wearing that each night and turns out I worried for nothing. He actually loves that brace, thinks its his toy, and that's actually how I coax him out of the bath sometimes. Just show him his brace and he gets all smiley and can't wait for me to put them on him. Who knew? I will post a picture of the brace so you can see it. He is supposed to wear it for 3 months and then have a follow-up appt with the doctor to see if he still needs it or his legs have corrected enough.
Well thats all for now! I will post wedding pictures next....
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Ava!!
Very busy, but looks like all of you are fine.
Happy Birthday Ava!!!
Hope Colton's speech went okay.
Post a Comment