Thursday, August 27, 2009

Eleven Months Old!

SHUT UP!
Does anyone recall the Seinfeld episodes where Elaine just shoves Jerry and shouts "shut-up" when she hears something that blows her mind? That's exactly how I feel right now. I just want to shove someone and shout "shut-up! I can't believe my babies are going to be toddlers in a month!! Where did all the time go? How did we survive? How did they survive?" I'm in the midst of planning their monkey-themed birthday party and its been loads of fun finding monkey-themed everything! As far as milestones go, Evan is walking pretty well on his own right now. He really only falls if he is super excited or super tired, in which case he looks a bit drunk off his milk. He still loves his Earth's Best jar food and isn't too crazy about table food right now other than things I still have to feed him like yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. He loves trying to get into all the cabinets and he is just happy as can be marching all around the house these days discovering new things he can get into. He is such a happy little guy as long as he isn't confined in one place for too long (read my last post if you need an example!). He sleeps through the night like a champ now and he loves giggling with his brother when they are across from each other in their cribs. Speaking of his brother, Colton took his first steps today!!! My big guy is all momma's boy and I have to admit it melts my heart. He says "mama" all the time now, especially when he cries which is heartbreaking for me. He is the opposite of Evan when it comes to mealtime. Hates anything in a jar but eats everything he can with his cute little fingers including peas, little chunks of any meat, little chunks of cheese, bread, pasta, fruit, pretty much anything I am not afraid to let him try he puts right into his mouth. He's my eater thats for sure. But it has made our mealtimes rather challenging since they aren't eating the same things now. Colton is the cry-baby of the two and still immediately starts bawling whenever Evan yanks a toy from him. He also recently started to bust a move dancing. Its so cute! I have a short video of that I will post as soon as I upload it. He also sleeps through the night. Evan is usually the first to wake in the morning and eventually we can hear Colton babbling too. I think Evan is his alarm clock. Evan is everbody's alarm clock. And here is the only evidence I have to offer that they actually are twins, other than the fact that I gave birth to them at the same time. No, I didn't plant those cheerios in the exact same location, they both happened to stick to the same spot on their cute little cheeks.
And yes, Colton ate every last one of all those cheerios you see on his tray. Evan, on the other hand, loves to watch them fall to the floor.....sigh.

3 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Wow, it seems like we were just making the journey out there to meet those two guys and here they are, almost 1!!!!

Happy 11 months boys.

Heather said...

Adorable! I know it is hard to believe we will both no longer have "babies" in a few months! Crazy! Cheerios are a god-send!

Annie said...

Happy 11 Months little boys!!! Like their pictures.

Have a nice weekend.