Ava and Daddy at Millenium Park
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
The Big City
A few weeks back I thought it would be a great idea to pack the kids and meet daddy downtown for a fun summer afternoon. Ava refers to the city as "downdown Chicago" and anytime she sees any city skyline on tv she immediately gasps and says "mommy! thats where daddy lives!" She thinks he lives there during the day and then comes home at night. Too cute.
Well, we had an ok time except for the fact that Evan was in rare form and cried hysterically whenever he was in the stroller. And I don't know what possessed us, but after a short walk from daddy's work to Millenium Park so Ava could splash around in the splash park, we actually had the balls to walk way on over to Navy Pier. It would have been a nice walk had Evan not been screaming his lungs off most of the way, and we actually had to alternate putting Ava in the stroller with Colton so we could take turns holding Evan to calm him down. Phew, it was a long walk indeed. And the nice dinner we had hoped for al fresco ended up being McDonalds food court. It also started pouring rain soon after we got to Navy Pier so EVERYONE was packed inside rather than on the pier which made it so delightful to navigate the double stroller amongst all the people. Here are some pictures we managed to take that day. Well, at least we'll have the memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
Awww...those will be the memories you will laugh about! Awesome pictures.
Looks like you had a great time. The pictures are wonderful.
Have a nice weekend.
"thats where daddy lives!"
Cute? Cute?!
She thought he lived there during the day and then came home at night?
I don't think that's cute, I think that's sad. :(
I supose technically he is alive down there, but that shows how much his worktime is incurring into his Ava time. :,(,, ( ,=tears ).
I'm glad that Ava got to see he is busy doing things, besides just not being with her and the twins.
Then, again, I guess you didn't meet him at his office, what does Ava now think Andre does down there? or is it up there?
P.S. come on, Maria. I really want to know. Here is a wide open door for a topic to post about, and a good vehicle to have a family talk with your daughter.
P.P.S: Shorts and a Polo shirt. Wish I could dress like that when I worked in an office. :o
Oh Ed, you make me laugh. Ava doesn't quite yet understand the concept of having to "work" to pay the bills, so in her sweet little mind she just knows her daddy goes to the big city every day. And in her world, since she "lives" her days in our little neighborhood, she refers to her daddy as "living" downtown. Thats what I mean by cute.
Also, Ava has been fortunate enough to actually GO to work with her daddy on a few Fridays to see his office and how he "lives". Not many dads can do that with their jobs. She will bring coloring books or her portable DVD player, and his assistant Amanda will take her for walks or to get a treat when daddy has to meet with or talk to a client on the phone.
We did meet daddy at the office that day, in fact all his co-workers and his assistant are always eager to see Ava and the boys. And no, Andrei doesn't go to work in shorts and a t-shirt. He wears a suit everyday, and I actually brought a change of clothes for him.
Please don't think anything about Ava's relationship with her daddy is sad. He is the best father she could ever ask for, and he spends every waking moment he can with her--that is when he doesn't have to work! And he DOES work hard so that he can provide us with everthing we have to lead this awesome life we live. She absolutely adores him! And so do I!
Ah, the joys of maneuvering the double stroller! Ava is too cute and too funny! I remember when a lot of my students in pre-school think I live there, lol! That splash park looks like so much fun!!
That last photo should be enlarged and framed at Andrei's work!
I see, so going to a job is too complicated for her, yet. I don’t have any kids, so I sometimes don’t realize when some things would be beyond them (but, you’ve probably realized that from my previous posts).
Well, I’m glad she and the boys do get to see their Dad in his work place and the city he “lives in” during the day. It sounds like they even have a small role there.
Maybe in a few years Ava would like to take internal office memo envelopes from one department to another on her visits, even empty ones or with only scrap paper.
I agree with you and Janice; are you sure there is no way you would let me purloin that last picture into my family album collection?
Post a Comment