Friday, June 26, 2009

Nine Months Old!

Evan and Colton are 9 months old today! I can't believe only 3 months until they turn one! Evan has been pulling himself up to standing and cruising furniture like nobody's business. Colton is still just doing the army crawl. He isn't even up off his tummy yet. But, Colton is saying "mama" which totally melts my heart. Things have gotten much easier now that everyone is on a schedule. In fact, all 3 of my kids are sleeping right now which leaves me time to blog rather than doing it at 11pm. The boys are back to sleeping through the night which is HEAVEN! We are leaving next week for a trip to Wisconsin Dells. Ava is so excited to go and even more excited that Grandma is coming with us. Ava also just started ballet classes which she just loves! I will post a video and pictures on that next. Its so unbelievably cute! For now, here's some picture overload. Happy 9 Months my little angel boys!

This one cracks me up. Its like they are trying to escape Its been very hot and humid so I broke out Ava's old baby pool for the boys. Colton LOVED it as you can see but Evan was so scared he was shaking--which totally boggles my mind as he is a daredevil in the bathtub as you can see from the video I posted belowEvan with nonno watching Colton splash in the pool The boys finally holding their own bottles. This makes my life SO much easier Ava this morning lovin' on her brothers And here's Evan being an absolute wildchild in the bathtub. He will not sit for a second. We usually get him in and out quick while Colton enjoys himself splashing around with his big sister. Andrei worked late the other night so it was just me, myself and I bathing all 3 kids and putting them to bed. It actually wasn't that bad now that the boys hold their own bottles. I put them in the bath one at a time, got their pj's on and gave them their bottles at the same time in their cribs and off to sleep they went--after a bit of crying. Meanwhile I finished bathing Ava, got her into her pj's and went downstairs to watch Wonder Pets and have some cheerios and chocolate milk before her bedtime. Its a relief to know that it can be done by one parent these days. Enjoy the video!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey they are so adorable. What a gorgeous family.

Unknown said...

Too Cute. Looks like Evan is really on the roll and moving around alot. I bet Ava is a great big sister. She is cute on the rocking animal.

Kim said...

I think it's great that you're able to blog through their first year; when I think back on my twins' first year, it's such a blur (mostly due to sleep deprivation) and I don't have very many specific and clear memories—more like general impressions and feelings.

Good luck with traveling with little ones! How great that Grandma will be able to go along and help.

Aubree's Dad's Cousin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubree's Dad's Cousin said...

Hi, Maria.

I saw Dr.Phil Friday and it made me think of you.

They had on the mother and stepfather of triplet girls who were all blind and deaf! They were close to the end of their Toddler years, and she had another preteen girl, as well.

I'd wanted to see how they communicated with them, presented new places and things to them, how the triplets gave feedback, what decorations & accessories the triplets put in their room, etc.
I'm afraid their lives had none of any of that!

The show was about how their marrage was being destroyed because every waking moment of Both their lives (and the preteen daughter's, as well)was taken up taking care of the triplets! The stepfather knew the situation when he married her, But ...

By "taking care of them" I don't mean teaching them to read or count or play with clay, nor helping them get along with other
kids and society at large.

I mean chasing them down, holding them still while changing their diapers, putting them into a shower,putting diapers and clothes back onto them, getting food to them & getting something else out to eat if they won't eat that, Stuffing them into a minivan and then strapping them down to go anywhere, ending the day by making them stay in a bed until they go to sleep, and remember they have no sense of different times of day so they didn't perceive night time.

In fact, They said, the triplets didn't understand anything being done to them and fought them most all the time!!

(I didn't hear any ways they'd even tried to develop to interact through smells, felling nor tasting, and they sounded like they didn't even think things like that were worth trying.)

Can you imagine what that poor ladies life must be like?!

Anyway, I'm not trying to say you should be thankful
you only have 3 healthy ones,

I wanted to let you know being overwhelmed like you have been is often a part of life for many people. How big or small problems are isn't as important as how badly they knock us down or stand in our way.

Hope I helped;

Edward :>