Sunday, November 16, 2008
Catching Up
Sorry its been so long since I blogged. I have been trying to figure out how to take care of the boys and Ava. My good friend Sandy is supposed to start coming to help me starting tomorrow. Hopefully this will make things a bit easier. Andrei and I are still not getting very much sleep at all. Evan like clockwork wakes every 3 hrs. Colton now every 4-5 hrs. Sounds good huh? The only problem is it takes FOREVER to get him back to sleep once he has eaten. Lately the only way it happens is if he is in bed with me. We have both babies in one crib in our room now, but the crib mattress is elevated to help with Evan's vomitting issues. We plan on moving the second crib into our room to see if Colton will sleep better lying flat.
Let's see what else is new. Evan went for his follow up from the hernia surgery and also got his Hepatitis shot. His weigh-in was 6 lbs 11 oz! His brother still looks gigantic when you put them side by side, but I am guessing he is close to 11 lbs now.
I have been reading through other twin mom blogs for some inspiration and mostly to make myself feel better about being in such a hectic situation. I have to keep reminding myself that I am not alone and that this period of constant feedings and diaper changes, etc won't last forever. I can't wait to see their little personalities start to develop. I look at Ava and wonder what the boys will be saying and doing at her age. Will they walk as early as she did? What will their first words be? Will I ever venture out with all three of them at once? Will I sleep through the night in the next 6 months? When will this start to feel like a family and not a daycare center?
Well, sorry I don't have any new pictures. I don't have time! Hopefully with help coming this week I will break out the camera and get new pictures of all three kids up soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love the new look of the blog and I am so happy you posted! Glad everyone is doing well! Colleen
Hang in there, things will get easier at some point. I can't even begin to imagine what you both are going through with everything that has happened over the last two months. Just take it day by day. I am sure your friend will be able to give you some relief. It will all come together soon. {hugs}
I was really hoping to see a couple of current pictures of the kids. I miss them so much.
grandma
I feel your pain. I tell myself multiple times a day that this will pass. This won't last forever. I wish I had advice on how to make it easier. Your friend coming will be a huge help. Our neighbor comes and it is great to have extra hands. Hang in there.
I, too, understand about the constant feedings. Adam weighed about 5 1/2 lbs. when born and ate every 2 hours. Of course, there was only one baby, and a mom who would fall asleep feeding him. Then he would projectile vomit. Just be good to yourself, honey, in every way possible. Do something for YOUR own personhood, each day.The hardest of all is to try not to get shorttempered. So easy to fall into and so demoralizing, afterward. I tried to write a journal but no time. You are so loved and prayed for. A real hero to me and anyone who knows what it's like. Wish I could give you an auntly kiss and treat you like a little girl, yourself for a few minutes. Aunt San
Post a Comment