Saturday, August 16, 2008

Good News! Finally!!

We went for our growth ultrasound on Friday. I was officially 29weeks5days pregnant. This was by far the best appointment we had so far. The ultrasound tech was able to get some great 3D shots of both babies this time. In the past it was only baby A who we got good photos of, which always left me worried about the smaller baby, since I never could really see what he looked like. She measured both babies. Baby A went from 2 lbs 11 oz 2 weeks ago to a whopping 3 lbs 10 oz on Friday. Thats an ounce short of gaining a full pound in two weeks!! He is in the 64th percentile for weight. Next she moved on to Baby B. I was really stressed about how much he had grown, since two weeks ago he had still only stayed in the 17th percentile for gestational age. She measured him and he now weighs 2 lbs 10oz whereas two weeks ago he weighed 1 lb 14 oz. He has now jumped up to the 30th percentile!!! Yippee! I am convinced all the protein shakes I have been putting away and all the extra protein I have been eating has really helped the babies. Hasn't helped my butt very much, but at this point I don't care if I am 300 pounds as long as both my babies are healthy. After she scanned me she told me the perinatologist would be in to go over the scan with us. I asked who it was this time, and she told me it was a Dr. Kurzel, who we had not met before. As some of you know, we have not had the most pleasant experiences with these previous doctors. They could improve their bedside manners a bit. So we waited a few minutes and in walks my Santa Claus! Not only did he look like Santa Claus, he was as jolly as could be. The first thing he said, all cheery and happy, was "Everything looks good" I had asked him if there was any concern about one baby being a pound smaller than the other, and he simply shrugged with a happy smile on his face and said "eh, one baby is bigger than the other, so?" I swear at that moment I wanted to jump into Santa's lap and tell him all I want for christmas is two healthy babies! After that I had my NST which also went well. While I was hooked up to monitors, in walks my Santa Claus and says" Maria Neuhaus, I wanted to show you this just to put your mind at ease", and proceeds to give me the official summary page of both twins development thus far. This is how it read: Amniotic Fluid Level Baby A-Normal Amniotic Fluid Level Baby B-Normal Biophysical Profile Score Baby A-8 out of 8 Biophysical Profile Score Baby B-8 out of 8 And then it showed a graph with both babies steadily going up the chart--NORMAL! So happy!!!! Enough talking, here are the pictures of our precious, healthy, NORMAL, baby boys!
Baby A looking like he has a black eye, the tech said thats just the sound waves not picking up in that area
Baby A side profile-look at his chubby cheek! Baby A-Side Profile Baby B with his hand over his eye Baby B getting his face smushed Baby B with his bottom lip ala Angelina Jolie

2 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

wonderful news.

Janice said...

Maria, I am soooo happy you got some great news!! Your babies are looking healthy and very cute!! Thank you for keeping us updated. I've been meaning to ask how your doctor's appointment went and am glad everything is going well.

By the way, that picture of Ava and Andrea going down the pool slide looks like so much fun! I love Ava's expression! What a little daredevil she is!