Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Ava!!!!

Ok, ok, so her birthday was over 3 weeks ago. But I have a really good excuse! My mom had back surgery and then a second back surgery last week because the original surgical wound got infected and didn't heal properly. To say the least, its been stressful to see my mom go through this. She was so weak and listless at times it reminded me of how my nonna got towards the end and freaked me out big time. But, all is well now and she is finally recovering nicely and feeling like her old self again. In fact, my parents are coming over tomorrow for a Memorial Weekend barbecue. Ava hasn't seen my mom in forever so she will be super excited.

Anyway, on with the birthday celebrations!

Ava's birthday morning, May 8th. Opening a few presents with grandma



Ava's birthday evening. We took her to one of her favorite places, Choo-Choo Johnny's for hot dogs and ice cream. This is a really cute train-themed restaurant where the food comes delivered on tracks that go around the counter. Ava just loves it!

Her birthday invitation created by Design Eleven
The cake
The gifts
Singing Happy Birthday! or as Ava says "Happy To You"

Ava sneaking a peak
Opening presents


We rented a bouncy again this year and of course Ava had a blast!
Her birthday present! And Grandpa Chuck proudly displaying his work. Thanks Grandpa!!
The kids enjoying our new swingset
Ava enjoying it too!
So what's new with Ava you ask? Well, we took her to her 2 yr doctor's appt and she weighed in at 26 1/2 lbs and is 33 1/2 inches tall. She is almost talking in full sentences now. Here are some of her favorites:
"I want this one"
"I wanna go go go upstairs"
"I wanna go go go dowstairs"
"Oh, what was that?"
"Dahdoo, you funny"
"Mommy sit down!"
"Turn this way" (if she doesn't like which way you are facing when seated)
"Ew, look at that!"
"Oh, Sadie's cute" or "Oh, Sydney's' cute"
and my personal favorite....
"Ava's gorgeous"
Her favorites songs right now are "If You're Happy and You Know It". She just calls it "happy", and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider"
Well, that's all for now. We are going to Jamaica on June 2nd for a much-needed vacation. Grandma is coming to spend the week with Ava. I have never left my baby for more than a few hours at a time so I don't know how I will manage. Ava will be just fine with her grandma.
On a pregnancy note, I had another ultrasound last week and both babies are continuing to do well. When we get back from Jamaica we are scheduled for a Level 2 ultraosound to check each baby and make sure all is well. They will also tell us the sex of the babies then!!! We can't wait!! And we won't be mean and keep it a secret. You will all know soon!!
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!



3 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Looks like an awesome party and an awesome swing set!!

Janice said...

Hey, I can't believe I haven't checked your blog in a while. I am a little late but Happy 2nd Birthday, Ava!!!!! I looooooove your swing set!! The cake looks adorable too - I love how everything matches!

When I saw pictures of Ava it looked like she grew about a couple of inches since her last photos. She looks really tall!

Maria said...

Janice, she is now 33 1/2 inches tall so she grew 3 inches since her 18 month check-up. She still looks like a little peanut to me though!