Sunday, April 06, 2008

Finally Spring!

We finally got some nice weather this weekend and took full advantage of it. We took Ava to our little downtown area for some ice cream and to just let her run around and enjoy the fresh air. It was a long walk but I needed it! I'm afraid I will be 200 pounds before I am 5 months pregnant! Anyway, it was a great weekend and I think all that fresh air and exercise resulted in everyone getting a good night's sleep. Finally!

Lots of new things going on. Ava starts new swim lessons next Monday, and she also graduates to a 2 year gym class towards the end of this month. We are making plans for her 2nd birthday party and hoping the weather is as nice as it was for her 1st birthday. I am busy going to doctor's appointments every 2 weeks to check on the babies. So far, all is well. The last ultrasound showed 2 little monkeys bouncing around in there. I still can't even believe it! Ava doesn't quite understand about the babies yet but as soon as my stomach gets bigger we will let her know there are babies in there. Let's see what else. Oh, we got her a potty chair which she sits on with all her clothes and says "Ava toilet", points to the big one and says "mommy toilet". Now if only I actually took the time to strip her down and have her do her thing I think she might actually get it! I am focusing on doing that this summer and having her fully trained by the time the twins are born. Wishful thinking I know, but I will try. Here are some shots of Ava at the park this weekend.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, she looks like she had a fun day. I miss you guys so much. I am anxious to see you soon.

Janice said...

I wish we had a nice little downtown area around here. Ava looked like she had a really great time! I love her expressions!

I am slowly trying to get Cameron to go in the potty but it's sad that I have to use my Ava as an example since she has no problem sitting on it, he-he!

Maria said...

Well they say girls are much easier to potty train than boys. And your two are only 11 months apart!!

Shana-Lynn said...

Looks like a fun day!