After that we would go into Marshall Field's and head to the Walnut Room, where they would have their huge christmas tree displayed, with Santa there for pictures, the whole nine yards.
Not so much this year. We were excited to take Ava, and it really wasn't all that. The windows weren't nearly as nice as Marshall Field's used to do them, there seemed to only be one elevator working each time we waited for one, and the Walnut Room tree and decorations were eh, ok at best. Even Santa was missing. So Macy's, you are not all that. I wish you were still Marshall Field's.
Luckily, the day wasn't a complete bust. We went over to Millenium Park and watched the ice skaters skating at the outdoor rink, and had dinner at The Park Millenium overlooking the park and all the city skyscrapers. We got a seat next to the window so Ava really enjoyed hopping around and watching the skaters "ice skate ice skate" as she says. Here are a few pics of us at Macy's. Unfortunately I did not take any at the park or at dinner. It got too cold and at dinner I was too busy stuffing my face. :-)




2 comments:
I wish we had something like that around here. Our Macys (which used to be Kauffmann's) isn't all that either. The nicer mall which has the high end stores is an hour away. Ava looks like she really enjoyed looking at the window displays, though! I love her expressions!
That is too bad it was disappointing to you. I am sure it was rather impressive to Ava though. Glad your dinner was great!
Post a Comment