Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tutu Tantrum

Well, I think its official! Ava is not the girlie girl I was hoping she would be. Her Aunt Shana made her this adorable hot pink tutu, and yesterday I decided to do a photo session with her in it--ya know, since I am such a good photographer ;-). Well, here's how it went!
Started out fine. Here we are playing peek-a-boo behind the curtains
Pushing her little mailbox walker around
Her FAVORITE THING OF ALL....stairclimbing!
Up she goes!
Holding on tight..the tongue tells me she's concentrating
Gave her a cookie to bribe her back down safely
Back to the window with her cat Sadie following close. As much as Ava whacks her in her own little attempt at petting her, Sadie follows her all around the house just asking for more whacks
"Its starting to itch mom"
"If I give you my cookie will you take this thing off me?"
"Seriously, take it off!""TAKE IT OFF!!!"
And up to her room she goes to throw herself a tantrum. Don't worry, I took it off of her right after this picture and all was well.
Thanks Aunt Shana for taking the time to make Ava her own little tutu. I am determined to get her to love it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw-w-w-w what a sweety. She just prefers sensible clothes, just like her grandma. You wouldn't catch me in a tutu either. I could see from Aubree's that you did a beautiful job making it though Shana.

Anonymous said...

Maria, picture #3 looks like she has a farmers tan.

Shana-Lynn said...

Tutu cute! Don't worry Aubree doesn't always like hers either, especially without a onesie on or something. She doesn't like the itchy material. Next weekend should be a HOOT! We might just be taking pictures of the other Ava and maybe Cameron too;-), Ava doesn't seem to mind being naked in them! Thanks for posting up pictures Maria! It was a great story.

Janice said...

It's probably a good thing she's not into frills and stuff. It could get costly in the future! The price of prom dresses alone are unbelievable! And can you imagine when they get married?!? I cannot even mention the word to John when we talk about Ava because he starts hyperventilating!

BTW, love the one of Ava with her toungue out!

Next weekend is going to be so funny seeing the kids together in their tutus!

Wendy said...

Well it made for good pictures.... with the tantrum and all! She is too stinkin cute! Love it! Shana is a great little tutu maker!!