Monday, July 23, 2007

A Day At The Zoo

We took Ava to the Lincoln Park Zoo on Sunday. Its a very nice zoo for being a free zoo but it was crowded and the animal lover in me has to say this--I feel so sorry for those animals! They all have these looks on their faces like here come some more stupid humans with their cameras flashing in our eyes, and they all look so depressed! And I was getting REALLY annoyed because there are signs all over that say "Please do not tap on the windows" and what was everyone doing?? Tapping on the damn windows! I just glared at people and kept saying "Does anyone read English? Stop tapping the windows!!" I mean really, how would you like to be sitting in your living room minding your own business and have these weird looking two-legged creatures keep tapping away trying to get your attention ALL DAY LONG! I am a hypocrit for saying this since I do go to the zoo, but I wish they could be set free!! Set them free!!

Hmm, where was I? Oh yeah, so we took Ava to the zoo and she had a great time!

"I'm moving. Some idiot's tapping again"
"Ugh, what do I need to do to get some earplugs around here"
"Dude, don't even bother, you get used to it. Just sleep."
This little meerkat was staring at us like what are YOU looking at?
This bear seemed to be the only one in good spirits
We took Ava next door to the Lincoln Park Farm In The Zoo
Gorilla......sleeping

She is trying to climb over and get on one of these miniature horses
Staring back at the meerkat
With Dahdoo
Waving Bye-Bye

Ava really enjoyed strolling through the grounds of the zoo and pointing and laughing at all the birds or "bewds" as she calls them. And each time we left an exhibit she would say "bye-bye" It was really cute.


We are headed to visit Cousin Aubree and family this weekend. I'm handing my camera over to Shana and Janice in hopes of getting some great shots of Ava. Check back soon!

3 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Aww...looks like fun. Cameron would love that tractor in that one picture. WE are looking forward to your visit.

Janice said...

Maria, I feel EXACTLY the same way when I go to the zoo! The last time I went was at work with Shana and the School Age kids for the summer and I just felt sooooo bad for the animals the while time!

We can't to see you guys and have the kids all play together!

Shana, I thought the same thing when I saw the tractor pic!

Wendy said...

Very cery cute. Loved the meerkat pics.