Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In Loving Memory

This post is dedicated to my sweet grandmother, who died on May 18th. If anyone was wondering, I have been very sad and depressed over losing her and haven't posted to Ava's blog since her birthday on May 8th.

My grandmother was one of the most important people in my life. I travelled to Italy with her when I was a little girl, spent summers in her home, learned alot about life from her, and was very close to her. When Ava was born she cried and cried tears of joy. She loved her so much and would call her "principessa" (little princess in Italian). I had a great 89th birthday party for her here this past February. You can check out my Feb posts for pictures of that. These are some of the latest pictures we took with her over the past few years.

Nonna, I miss you like crazy! You are forever in my heart! Rest in peace.












5 comments:

K said...

I can't imagine your loss. Yes, may she rest in peace.
KN

Maria said...

Thanks Kyle!

Janice said...

Maria, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure your grandma is looking down from Heaven thinking how proud she is of you and your family!

Wendy said...

Maria, I am so sorry about your grandmother. Take comfort that you will see her again one day, and live in your happy memories of her. She looks so lovely, and you can tell from the photos she loved her family!! Prayers for you.

Maria said...

Thanks Janice and Wendy for your kind words!