Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Dad's 80th Surprise Party

On Sunday, August18th, my dad turned 80 years old.  I had been planning a surprise party for a few months.  We had about 25 people at a tiny little Italian restaurant that my dad loves.  He was truly in shock when he walked through the doors of the restaurant.  He thought he was just meeting my family for a birthday dinner.  I was really throwing him off because I pretended I was lost and couldn't find the place, when I was already there with all of the guests, waiting for him to arrive.  It was such a nice event and my dad was really touched.  A special thanks to Gary and Laurie for making the trip.  He was especially surprised to see the two of you there and it really warmed his heart. 
 
 
I had also been working on a video montage of his life in pictures.  I was bummed at the restaurant when the owner's sound system was not working.  The kids had each left sweet little messages for nonna at the end of the video, and all anyone heard was silence.  My dad played his copy though as soon as he got home, and he just loved it.  I included it here for you to watch.  Enjoy!
 
By the way, please disregard the non-smiling pictures of my dad in all of these pictures.  He really was quite happy despite how he looks.  And also his son, who takes after him exactly!
 
 
 
 



No comments: