Thursday, December 02, 2010

Catching Up

Seriously?  Is it December already?  I cannot believe Christmas is only weeks away!  Anyway, thought I'd take this moment to update everyone on what's happening with my three loves.  I'll start with my first born, my precious, my girlie girl.  Ava is really loving school this year and is doing so well.  My only issue is that when I say she is a girlie girl, I mean it.  She wants to wear dresses and tights every day to school, and now with the weather getting colder and the fact that they go outside to play almost every school day, its just not going to happen.  But honestly, if that's my biggest issue with her then I shall count my lucky stars right now.   Other than that, she is a true joy to be with and her little brothers just adore her.   She is really enjoying her ballet and ice skating lessions and of course is SO excited for Christmas this year.  She has been so good this year that Santa is really going to take care of her come Christmas morning.  Lol!

On to my second born, Colton.  Oh, where do I start?  Can anyone shout out MAMA'S BOY at the top of their lungs?  He has always been the more sensitive of the two but at this point its just gotten really bad.  He has to have me within eye sight at.all.times.  If his dad tries to get him to go elsewhere in the house he'll make a real exaggerated c'mon swing with his arms while saying "c'mon mom!".  In fact Andrei has to distract him in order for me to leave the house.  I take both of the boys to the same All By Myself Class that Ava was in at this age and now they have changed the name of the class to All By Myself plus some lady named Maria who's kid won't let her leave.  The teacher is great about it though and we have been slowly doing things where I leave the room for a few minutes here and there so he gets the idea that I will be back and its ok.  Hopefully this will change but I foresee Colton being a mama's boy for as long as we both shall live.  The other huge thing that's going on with him right now is that we have bumped him up to 2 days per week of speech therapy in hopes that it will speed up his progress.  He has really done well since switching therapists and we have seen a huge improvement just in the last two weeks.  I know he is just so close to having it all click for him.  I am really happy with how he is doing now and have no doubts that he will be at the same level as other kids his age by the time he starts preschool.

And finally, my baby, my NICU baby.  The child I thought was going to be so dependant and helpless.  He is everything but that.  The boys could not be any more opposite.  He is Mr Independant, a social butterfly, the clown, the talker, the ladies man and a daredevil (with constant battle scars to prove it).  He has a HUGE heart for a two year old and will willingly and lovingly share toys with Ava and Colton while sweetly saying "here you go!"  He is so polite, constantly saying thank you and bless you and now your welcome when you say thank you to him.  He is so lovable, giving anyone he loves the tightest squeezes while saying " I wuv u"  and "hold me!".  I know, melts your heart right?

This Thanksgiving I thanked God for my three little loves.  As the saying goes, all good things come to those who wait.


3 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Sounds like they are all doing amazing! That's awesome.

Unknown said...

Love the update! Thanks for posting. Sounds like they are all doing well. Love the picture. Such cuties.

Anonymous said...

A-Men!!!