Monday, September 13, 2010

Look Ma! No Training Wheels!

On Friday, Ava and I were out playing while the boys were taking their afternoon nap.  She was riding around on her bike with the training wheels when she came over to me on it, got off of it, went to set it down and one of the training wheels just broke off.  So I asked her if she wanted me to take the other one off and try riding without it.  Now, Andrei and I had asked her this question pretty much all summer long and she was always too afraid to try.  But on Friday, she simply said yes.  I took the other wheel off, we made our way to the sidewalk, I gave her a few pointers and off she went.  She wanted me to hold the back of her seat at first but soon she didn't even realize that I was just jogging along with her, and then running along with her.  The rest, as they say, is history.  It took literally 15 minutes and next thing I know she is riding all around by herself shouting "mommy, this is easy!"  Way to go Ava!  We are so proud of you!

4 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Yay Ava Rose!!! WE are all so proud of you too. Breckan's right next to me clapping her hands. Looks like you've been riding without training wheels all summer long!

Love you honey.

Aubree, Breckan, Uncle Kyle and Aunt Shana

Anonymous said...

She has really taken charge of that bike. It looks like she has been doing it for a long time. I can't wait to watch her next week. Love you sweety. By the way is Colty wanting to ride it too now? He loves doing what Ava does?

Maria said...

Thanks everyone! Colton still rides his own tricycle and tries to follow her but he still pushes off with his feet and does not like to use the petals. Ava is very excited to see grandma!

Annie said...

Another milestone for her!! She did a great job.