Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ava's First Day of Preschool

My baby girl started preschool today! Well, today went very well because it was a one hour orientation with parent so it was just like taking her to a playdate for an hour. She did well but was a little shy at times and wanted me to be near her. Tuesday starts her real first day on her own and I am a bit stressed about how she will do when I leave. I have never left Ava with anyone other than a close family member so its going to be hard on me too. The teacher already warned parents to leave as promptly as possible once you drop her off and get her settled in the class. Hmm, they may have to drag me out by my hair if she starts crying. Then I'll start crying! Really, I can't even think about it right now because it is so emotional for me. In many ways I am excited for her because she will learn so much and make new friends and have lots of fun. But in many ways I am also sad because it will only be a matter of time before, instead of clinging to me and wanting me near, she'll be NOT wanting me to walk her to the bus stop or kiss her goodbye. Alright, I need a damn kleenex.... Here are some shots I took today. She has been into this huge Hello Kitty kick lately so of course it was Hello Kitty's first day of preschool too. And she got to wear her new backpack from Grandma! Thanks grandma! Isn't Ava getting big? Where is my baby girl???? WHERE????

3 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Our first day is Monday. We have to drop them off at the door and that is that! Boo Hoo. Thank God I know her teachers well or I would be a mess. I probably will be still. :(

Annie said...

She looks so big. Her outfit is beautiful. Hope she have a great day at school on Tuesday.

Have a nice week.

Janice said...

I hope Ava had a great first day of pre-school! I bet she loved playing with all the different toys and meeting new friends. By the way, I am loving the Hello Kitty doll!