Monday, April 27, 2009
Seven Months Old!
The boys turned 7 months old yesterday! Seriously? Has it been 7 months already? Time flies when you are so busy you don't have time to pee. Oops, I mean when you're having fun!
So let's see. Whats new with my guys. Both boys have been sitting up unassisted now for a few weeks. They can sit for long periods of time, but once they fall over they can't get pull themselves back to sitting. They are becoming more and more aware of each other every day. Actually, more like Colton is becoming more and more aware that he needs to keep an eye out for a strangely similar-looking character trying to repeatedly kick him and/or steal his toys. I'll do a separate post on that as I have pictures that show a play-by-play of Evan in action--and Colton's reaction. Colton also eats whatever I give him, whereas Evan is becoming more and more picky. Evan. Ava. Ava. Evan. Two of a kind. At least when it comes to eating. As far as schedules go-what schedule? Evan wakes up a good 1 to 2 hrs before Colton which throws off the entire day except for bedtime. So every day Colton is ready to go down for a nap right when Evan is waking up from one. And you think I'd know how to fix it. Nope. I'd rather just enjoy one on one time (plus Ava) with each baby while the other sleeps. There are those rare days when both boys are sleeping at the same time, but so far I can count them on my hand. My one hand. BUT, and I mean BUT, both boys are now sleeping through the night!!! Thank you Evan for finally getting with the program that your brother has been on since near birth. Hallelujah!!!!!!!
On Friday my parents came over so Andrei and I could go on the first date night we've had since right after they were born. Andrei surprised me by taking me to my favorite restaurant and when we arrived we had the best table on their patio and there was a bottle of my favorite wine chilled, ready and waiting for me. Yes, just me. Andrei doesn't particularly care for that wine because its very sweet (Moscato) so I had it all to myself. And oh yes, you better believe I drank it all and then some. It was a great evening. Now we are trying to figure out how we can get my parents to commit once every 2 weeks or so. It really was so refreshing to just get away just the two of us. It makes us better parents. At least thats what I will be telling my mom when I ask her to babysit again. :-)
The weather, for the most part, has been great. The boys got their first taste of fresh air and I think they really liked it! And of course Ava has been loving life since she gets to go outside now. Here are some springtime shots. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Really cute pics! That's nice you were able to get out and have a evening to yourselves.
And, the sleeping through the night thing is like heaven, isn't it?!
Pleasure reading your blog :-)
They're so cute.
Happy 7 months boys! What cuties you two are and Ava too!!!!
Congrats on getting a date night! Kyle and I are still waiting for ours...it's been over three years. I think we have waited LONG enough. This weekend will be our very first! YIPPEE!!
Enjoy your date night Shana!
Maria, I love your new heading picture.
Post a Comment