Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Giggler

Let me tell you a little bit about my Evan. I honestly have never seen anything like this child before in my life. I swear he is 4 months going on 4 years. He has this way of looking at you and babbling that makes you think you are dealing with a baby alot older than 4 months. He may not be physically able to do much, but man does he have a way with no words. I sometimes find myself avoiding looking at him in the face if I am busy trying to clean or spend time with Ava and/or Colton because he practically stares you down as if to say hey, you gonna pay attention to me or what? And forget changing him. The minute you start to pull off his onesie he starts giggling like a toddler. Every.single.time. If I'm talking on the phone and he is anywhere within earshot, he will be staring up at me and sometimes just starts babbling as if he thinks he is part of the conversation. I will often look at him and ask him what he thinks is so funny and tell him that I am not even talking to him and that just gets him going even more. He will just break out into this huge, goofy smile that is all Evan and so damn cute.

Which leads me to today. There I was running back and forth from the family room to the kitchen trying to clean while Colton and Ava were fast asleep. Evan, he takes 10 minute cat naps during the day. I think he feels he might miss out on something funny if he actually falls asleep. So, there I was back and forth passing him by in the swing and he just kept giggling and cooing and staring me down just dying for me to look at him. So I broke out the camera and caught this. What a stinker. And what's even cuter is after shooting this video, I was trying to show Andrei the video while he was feeding Evan a bottle tonight, and as we were watching it Evan would literally spit the bottle out and start laughing at his own laughing. He could hear it and just thought it was so funny. Andrei would try to put the bottle back in his mouth, it would stay in for about 5 seconds, and then he'd spit it back out again laughing his tiny butt off. That got Andrei, Ava and I laughing even more, which got Evan laughing even harder. It was quite a sight to see. Colton missed it all sleeping. He is Mr. Laid Back. My next post will be all about Colton.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Oh my goodness, Maria, how your boys have changed!!! They are just too adorable!! Evan's giggles are absolutely infectious!! I can't believe they're 4 months old already!

Shana-Lynn said...

So adorable. It almost sounds like he is trying to catch his breath from all that laughing...precious.

Evan sounds a lot like Aubree in the non-sleeping department...let's hope he isn't for your sake, she never wanted to miss anything, even still. ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous big boy.