Thursday, February 26, 2009

Five Months Old!

My monkeys are 5 months old today! I started them on fruit this morning (apples) and they have been on veggies for 2 weeks now devouring their jars of peas, carrots and sweet potatoes. Evan seems to have a hollow leg and actually eats more than Mr. Chubs. I think its because he is constantly moving and shaking. He rolls all over the family room like a wheelbarrel. Poor Colton is so heavy he is having a hard time rolling onto his stomach although he is trying. Evan slept through the night last night for maybe the 3rd time in his life. Colton, who almost always sleeps through the night, woke up last night to eat. Such is life with twins.
I introduced them to Baby Einstein videos recently. Ava used to love them and it keeps these guys occupied for a bit so I can spend some one on one time with my princess
Here they are at the waterpark a few weeks back. I will post more on that another time
Can those cheeks get any bigger?
Mr Nosey was so active and aware the entire time at the waterpark. My little man.
Now that they hit the 5 month mark, I thought I'd share with you some of the annoying things that happen as a mom of multiples.
  • I get asked constantly "Are they twins?" I am this close to saying "Uhm no actually, I gave birth to this one on a Saturday and this one two weeks later."
  • "Well at least you didn't have 8 of them." To this I want to say "oh yes but I did, the rest are at home alone. I needed a break."
  • "Wow, why is one so much bigger than the other." To this I shall reply "we don't feed the skinny one when he misbehaves".
  • And last but certainly not least, when I was pregnant with twins"oh are YOU going to have your hands full" and presently "YOU"RE a busy lady huh? I don't really have a smartass reply to that. Its just annoying. Period.

But for every annoying comment or look or question I get, there are a million more wonderful things that happen as a result of having twins.

Twice the giggles, twice the firsts, twice the sweetness and twice the overwhelming feeling of love. And my cherry on top is Ava. Life is good.

4 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Happy 5 Months you guys! It's so hard to believe it's been 5 whole months already! Well, they are just beautiful, both of them. Some people are just so queer with their comments. UGH!

Janice said...

Maria, you totally crack me up!!!!! I think your boys get a lot of attention because they are just so darn cute. I want to take them home - or at least borrow them for a couple of hours so I can get a little baby fix. ;)

Aubree's Dad's Cousin said...

Oh, yes. Shauna's right; If people think seeing twin baby boys is exotic and bizarre, they need to get out more (hey that's a good thing to tell them, too!).

Well, I can think of a good response for points one and three; Try telling them the Croatian orpanage you got them from gave you a discount on the "leetler one" because your husband paid in Rubles instead Euros!

And if you can project just a little bit of some accent when you say it, all the better.

They will look at you with horror and walk away without another word.

Aubree's Dad's Cousin said...

I have more snappy comebacks

About the fourth thing, people saying "my, that must be a lot of hard work!"?

tell them "No, my daughter and I have so much fun with them!"

"The hard part is getting their moms and dads to drink something spiked with sleeping pills every week, then getting the babies back before they wake up."

Then lean in a little and add; "last week we had five out at once! Oh, by the way, I have this extra bottle of soda, would you like it?".

That will keep them quiet, too

;>