Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 30th is the Big Day!

I went for my biophysical and non-stress test today and then also met with my doctors for my regular prenatal appointment. The boys once again passed both the NST and biophysical with a perfect score which was great. At my appointment, it was decided that I will have a scheduled c-section on September 30th. I felt much better today after speaking with both the doctor who will be performing my c-section (and who delivered my daughter Ava) and also the head of Labor and Delivery at the hospital. They both felt that with the boys having done so well on every single one of their NST's and biophysicals, they don't anticipate much, if any, time at all spent in the NICU! I find that so hard to believe with how small they are predicting Baby B is now, but who am I to second guess the experts! I just hope they are right on! I have my last growth scan this Friday, and Dr Pavese (the head) even joked a bit about seeing how close the ultrasound prediction will be to their actual birth just a few days later. We shall see! In the meantime, I guess I should start packing my bag and finish the nursery. The nursery is all done minus a few little details, and once its all ready I will post some pictures. For the majority of you who voted October, including me, we were only off by a day! I can't believe seven days until we meet our boys!!! Holy crap! :-))

2 comments:

Aubree's Dad's Cousin said...

Hi, Maria, this is Edward. Well, I'm kind of afraid for you. I was wondering why, before, they were planning to Cesarian liberate baby B first. since A is bigger and more developed, wouldn't they want to take him and leave B to develop more? But, its' a mute point now.

well, since you know so much about them, had you thought of names for them yet? Allen and Ben would be mainstream. what about somethinhg more contemporary like Ashley and Brodie?

Owning one's ethnic heritage is all the rage nowdays, that can apply to us white people too. What about Alexander and Bernardo? Then again, Scandinavian culture isn't as well understood as Italian. Had you Considered names like Asgok and Bjoriec?

But seriously, would you care to share any thoughts on their names? if not,OK.

What Does Ava think about all this?

Shana-Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.