Friday, September 12, 2008
Not So Great Appointment
We had our growth scan and NST today. The NST was fine as usual, both babies did great. But of course, when it came time to measure the babies, Baby B is smaller than ever and now below the 10th percentile. He weighs 3 lbs 6 oz up from 2 lbs 15 oz two weeks ago which means he only gained about 7 ounces. Baby A went from 3 lbs 14 oz two weeks ago (he was already bigger then then A is now) to 4 lbs 13 oz putting him in the 50th percentile. Dr. Kellar, who is the director of maternal fetal medicine at the hospital, came in to speak with us again and has been discussing the babies progress with us every 2 weeks. He still thought that both babies were growing fine and reminded us again that B has always grown at a slower pace but nonetheless growing. However, he did say that he recommends I go no longer than 36 weeks as he feels that at that point Baby B would be better off growing outside of me than in me and Baby A should be big enough to be delivered safely at that point too. He also told me to stop taking the Procardia and if I should go into labor on my own in the next two weeks then they will just let me go. That means the babies will be born the last week of this month, but could still be October babies depending on what day of the week I am scheduled. I am still worried sick that something is terribly wrong with the little one, and that we just won't know for sure until he is born. I just can't believe that he is more than a pound smaller than A according to their measurements. I am hoping that they have miscalculated somehow and that he will be born bigger than they are predicting. For now, I am just taking it day by day, hoping to stay pregnant for 2 more weeks, and praying for both my boys to be born healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am sorry Maria. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your boys. Try to stay positive! Baby B is still growing, so that is great news, he's probably running out of room now though, you know.
Call if you need to talk ever.
Maria-
Prayers will be with you. Please keep us updated as much as possible.
Thanks Shana and Wendy!
Post a Comment