Thursday, November 08, 2007

Eighteen Months Old!!!


She can't even believe it! Neither can her mommy. Ava is eighteen months old today. A year and a half of her life has gone by and I just cannot believe how quickly it went. Her daddy and I are just blown away at all that she can do and say. We have taken down all the gates because she has mastered the stairs. She is beginning to talk in phrases, saying things like, where are you "weha-you" and "this is" in front of every object she names. 'This Elmo, this nana (banana), this opter (helicopter), this Biboo (Big Bird) and so on and so forth. My alltime favorite is "u otay" as in are you okay? She definitely got that from me. Everytime she fell or bumped into something ever since she was 8 months old and started walking, etc I would always say are you okay. Now even after she takes her own spills she will get up and say "u-otay?" It just melts my heart. She runs around after our cats singing "Sadie, wehayou? Sydney, wehayou? And speaking of singing, she loves to sing Row Your Boat and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She can still bust a move like no other 18 month old I have ever seen (well, except for Aubree greek dancing here).

One of the funniest things about her is she will laugh hysterically if you pretend to fall. She just thinks its hysterical when someone falls down. I am just imagining the day when some stranger falls in the produce section of our grocery store and Ava just busts out laughing. Hopefully she will grow out of it soon. But in the meantime, her little neighbor friends love to make her laugh. And when they all discovered that she loves this after one of the boys actually did fall, they will take turns flying off the couch and landing on the floor, making Ava laugh uncontrollably for what seems like forever.

So here's to you my precious Ava. I love how you find happiness in the smallest of things, and I love to watch you discover the world around you. Happy 18 Months!!

4 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

I love, "this opter", too cute. I can't believe she is 18 months now! YIKES, Aubree was just 18 months, what the heck happened to the time? Ava, you are the sweetest, we just love you to pieces. Happy 18 months sweetheart!!

Love,

Aubree, Aunt Shana and Uncle Kyle

Anonymous said...

I miss her sweet little face and the way she ends a word with her voice going up. In the morning she comes into the family room and points to the TV and says "Elmo(?)". What a doll baby.

Janice said...

She's so sweet! And so funny! I have to tell you that John cracks up everytime he sees someone fall. He says it's the fnniest thing to see. He actually bookmarked certain videos on Youtube about people falling. I don't know if your Ava will be the same way ha-ha!

Happy 18 months, Ava!!!!!

Maria said...

Grandma, lately with the cold we have been suctioning her nose when needed. She hates it so much after the first nostril she will say "all done?". Its so flippin cute we give in and say ok all done!